Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Second Half of July...and the Relaxation to Follow

A few weekends ago Judd and I celebrated our 2nd year anniversary in Lake Tahoe!  We stayed with my amazing great-aunt who lives a block from the water and was just amazing to us.  My dad and brother also came out, my dad bringing his speed boat up from Sacramento.  We spent an entire day cruising the lake, wake-boarding  tubing and making occasional stops at some of my favorite places - Sunnyside for breakfast, Tahoe City and Sand Harbor.  The trip was absolutely beautiful, relaxing and fun.
 The week after returning from Tahoe I found myself back on the trail, guiding a trip of 14 girls from Lansing, Michigan with RMR.  The weather was incredible (which is absolutely cruicial for a successful week!) and the girls were great.  I had a sweet week of re-connecting with God, remembering how deeply He loves me, and being blessed in his incredible backyard.  The week went practically as smoothly as possible (save for running out of fuel and iodine on the last day!), but I had forgotten how much work guiding is!  I was a zombie for the weekend following!
Now I am back in Boulder for good for awhile.  I also have discovered that the very slow architecture market has caught up to me at my perfect, dream-job contract position.  So I find myself in search for work...again.  Sad.  Although to be perfectly honest, I am slightly excited about the prospect of getting to explore something else right now.  I am searching architecture jobs, but also reaching beyond this into admin, advertising and graphic design.  I guess I'll just have to keep searching, applying, and pray that something sweet comes along just as it did the last time!


I also feel extremely blessed to live in such an incredible place, surrounded by incredible friends.  I love Boulder summers, and am stoked to be around more for the month of August.  This week holds plenty of exciting events - the Boulder Farmers Market, a BBQ with good old friends, Denver First Friday Art Walk, date night with the hubs and a little prom-night dance party.  I definitely cannot complain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment