Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life is good.

Life is good.  Since we have been back from our Europe trip I have loved having a schedule.  I am back on track at the gym (yes, I love step aerobics, and yes I may be the only non-soccer-mom in there) and work has been busy.  At my firm, Open Air Design  we just finished a Master Plan for Briarwood Lutheran Retreat Center just outside of Dallas.  This project is the reason I was hired back in May and I am glad to see it wrap up.  It was fun to work with the Design Development team and help them with their vision for the growth of Briarwood.  I have also been busy helping my friends Paul and Michelle design a new bedroom to go in above their garage.  A few years ago I would have never imagined I could take on a project such as this on my own.  Its been crazy, but as I truck ahead I figure out that I sort of kind of somewhat know what to do (or at least am figuring it out along the way!).  Last fall I helped with the drawings for a renovation on their porch.  Check it out:

In my free time (yess..without school I finally have free time!!)  I have been busy crafting.  I don't know what has gotten into me, but I have had so much fun exercising creativity in the kitchen, on the sewing machine and with glitter.  My recent theme has been Christmas (clearly).  So far I have made a tree skirt, glittery bird ornaments, Christmas photos and cards, knit and sewed gifts and made a few homemade recipes at Thanksgiving that will be repeated at Christmas.  Some of these adventures include:
Knitting with tea

Homemade pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin..so good!

The beginnings of homemade cranberry sauce

Amazing wheat rolls, recipe here: 
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/light-wheat-rolls/ 
Making glitter ornaments

The final glitter ornaments

My awesome photographer friend Laura took a few photos for our Christmas card

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Happy to see you blogging! Your work looks very interesting, what a great set of skills you must have!
    Did you knit the cowl in the last photo? (I love the last photo, by the way. So playful and fun)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aubyn! I did knit the cowl, I didn't realize it until just now, but the first picture with my knitting needles and tea is the beginning of that one. It is the easiest pattern. Do you knit?

    ReplyDelete